The Plan —
I don’t know what life will look like when NYC re-opens, nor how long it will be until we can work together. But here’s the game plan for when we can:
- Studio sessions will follow CDC protocols (see below for details). I have a studio, boutique-sized, that I share with one other photographer. We never shoot on the same day, and clean and sanitize the space before and after each shoot.
- Location work — for that I’ve got transportation (the dusty but trusty RAV4) and a portable studio kit. Monica, my first assistant, and I are accustomed to working as a tight team and can shoot both video and still work with minimal gear.
- Virtual portrait appointments can be scheduled and scaled on a variety of platforms depending upon the needs and budget of the client — from using Facetime photos to shipping a tethered camera setup to a subject for me to control remotely.
Studio Health and Safety in the Time of COVID-19
We are closely following the latest CDC guidelines to maintain a safe studio environment for ourselves and our clients. The precautions implemented are in accordance with the most current federal and state regulations.
Let’s Distance Together
- We are emphasizing pre-production video conferencing to work with our clients to ultimately keep teams small and in-studio shoot days short.
- A limit of six people (four preferred) is in place during all studio hours. Please do not invite any non-essential personnel to the studio. Clients can have additional team members monitor progress remotely via a zoom screen share.
- Maintain social distance of at least 6 feet.
- There is a no-contact entry system to the studio.
- Contactless delivery is also available at the studio, including for freight deliveries.
- If you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with anyone who has been infected, please stay home.
- We will have a no-contact thermometer on site and available upon request.
Always Use Protection
- Masks or face coverings are required to enter the studio space and must be worn at all times. We ask everyone to arrive with their own PPE, but additional gloves, masks, sanitizer, no-contact thermometers, and cleaning supplies are on standby.
- Everyone is required to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer immediately upon entry, and regularly throughout the day.
- Sanitizer is available at various locations throughout the studio.
- Before and after every shoot we are sanitizing all surfaces, floors, touch points, and fabrics with EPA-certified disinfectants as specified by the CDC to combat COVID-19.
- Handles and surfaces are sanitized throughout the day.
- On larger productions we will have a hygiene coordinator whose sole responsibility will be cleaning and sanitizing.
We look forward to practicing safe shooting with you!